Subscribers' insatiable appetite for data is driving global LTE rollouts. As you make that transition, don’t overlook your voice and messaging services. Even as data consumption grows, they will be significant revenue generators for years to come.
- LTE is designed to carry data – not speech. You'll need to overcome obstacles to protect those core service revenues. At the top of the list – ensuring voice QoS and QoE. Managing handovers between 3G and LTE to support roaming is another key concern.
Tekelec's VoLTE Solution provides the critical components of the Network Diameter Network you need to seamlessly transition your voice services.
- Policy Server (PCRF): guarantees QoS/QoE and provides charging controls for real-time voice over IP
- Diameter Signaling Router (DSR): establishes a single interconnect point to other networks. It consolidates incoming and outgoing Diameter signaling traffic and manages roaming handoffs. A protocol interworking function supports seamless 2/3G to LTE roaming.
- User Data Repository (UDR): manages subscriber data across multiple domains - a requirement for call termination and service continuity across different access networks
- Scale and secure your LTE network, including SIP and Diameter interfaces
- Ensure voice QoS between the LTE network and mobile device
- Provide seamless service delivery for roaming customers
- Support multi-mode access devices
- Create security at the application level with call admission and roaming policies