If you built your LTE network without a Diameter signaling layer, roaming can be a problem. Your subscribers can have difficulty moving between 2G, 3G and LTE networks.
That's because there's no central point to manage handoffs to other networks. The architecture creates other problems, too, like hiding your underlying network architecture and preventing attacks.
Tekelec's Roaming Solution solves that problem by creating a standards-based Diameter signaling core in your LTE network. The solution features:
- The Diameter Signaling Router (DSR): a key component of the New Diameter Network. The DSR establishes a single interconnect point to other LTE networks. It consolidates incoming and outgoing Diameter signaling traffic and manages roaming handoffs. A protocol interworking function supports seamless 2/3G to LTE roaming. It creates a network demarcation point to defend against attacks or overloads.
- Simplify routing and interconnection to other network
- Increase your network security
- Support seamless 2G, 3G and LTE roaming for your subscribers
- Streamline your network migration