Nothing frustrates a subscriber more than getting hit with unexpected roaming charges. That frustration can quickly lead to churn. As you consolidate databases or migrate to 3G, it’s important to minimize the impact on your subscribers’ roaming experience.
Tekelec’s ngHLR, a flexible roaming management solution, enables you to control roaming surcharges. It centralizes your cross-domain subscriber data as a single subscription profile in a multi-profile subscriber database.
With application’s dynamic association engine, each subscription can contain multiple identities and mobile phone numbers in several countries or area codes. As your subscribers roam across borders, foreign networks view them as "local.” Consequently, they don’t pay roaming surcharges. And, you can offer virtual numbers in different area codes or countries to eliminate long-distance charges for MT calls.
Tekelec’s ngHLR is hosted on Tekelec’s User Data Repository (UDR), a carrier-grade, consolidated subscriber data store.
- Lower provisioning and maintenance costs
- Reduce roaming charges and deliver true, global mobility for your subscribers
- Increase customer satisfaction and reduce churn
- Eliminate the signaling bottlenecks created by stand-alone roaming gateways
- Reduce roaming charges
- Support equipment identity register (EIR), using same data store