Mobile video streaming is off the chart. YouTube alone consumes more than 10 percent of global mobile data bandwidth. Mobile video is a huge revenue opportunity, but there’s a downside.
The value to consumers is way out of line with its impact on the network. It can devour more than 50 percent of your resources. Yet, it represents only 12 percent of the total amount subscribers are willing to pay for mobile internet services. To capitalize on mobile video, you’ve got to close that gap by increasing revenues and lowering costs.
Tekelec’s Mobile Video Services Solution provides the New Diameter Network resources you need to align revenue, network costs and usage.
- Policy Server (PCRF): defines rules for new service plans based on subscriber, network and application conditions as well as other factors like time-of-day or day-of-week.
- User Data Repository (UDR): personalizes those rules by leveraging subscriber information such as identity and service-usage restrictions to enable flexible video service and pricing plan choices.
- Diameter Signaling Router (DSR): directs messages between policy servers, charging systems, subscriber databases, and gateways to make it all happen.
- Optimize your network to handle video traffic growth cost-effectively and reliability
- Ensure QoS and QoE
- Develop innovative pricing plans, including:
- Turbo buttons
- Video on demand or video day pass
- Discounted video during off-peak hours
- Bundles based on subscriber segments
- Create revenue-sharing partnerships with OTT video service providers