Global M2M connections are expected to top 850 million by 2016. No doubt, that’s a great opportunity. But, M2M creates its own set of challenges. Millions of devices connecting to the network. Widely varying transaction volumes. Unpredictable traffic patterns. High-volume, low-revenue traffic. If that’s not enough, it can unleash a Diameter signaling storm on your network.
The New Diameter Network gives you the tools to create a network that’s optimized for M2M.
- Policy Server (PCRF): defines policies that allow you to apply different levels of QoS to different machines. You can create flexible service plans based on transactions, connections, time-of-day, location, applications, or data usage.
- Diameter Signaling Router (DSR): creates a Diameter signaling core in your network with the scalability to handle massive numbers of devices and signaling traffic.
- User Data Repository (UDR): consolidates machine data across 2G, 3G, LTE and IMS domains. The UDR provisions and manages profile, location and usage information for millions of devices in real time. The system also ensures device security, manages identities and addresses, and provides open APIs to enable web services.
- Create a flexible, scalable network optimized for machine applications and traffic
- Apply machine-specific policy control to manage bandwidth usage
- Support and manage M2M-specific SLAs
- Create new revenues by partnering with third parties