With all of the hype surrounding 4G, it's easy to overlook the impact that surging data traffic is having on 3G networks. But, all of the same drivers - more apps, more devices, more subscribers - that are boosting signaling traffic and stressing 4G networks, are affecting the signaling load in your 3G network. Add to that mix the skyrocketing growth of M2M services - all running on 2G/3G - and it might be time to take a fresh look at your SS7 signaling network. It's the backbone of your mobile business, and it will be for many years to come. You need a rock-solid signaling network built to handle whatever the dynamic, data-driven market throws at it.
Because it's the network signaling hub, the signal transfer point (STP)
is the most important ingredient in your SS7 strategy. Tekelec's EAGLE 5 STP has the signaling capacity, transaction speed, and reliability to drive the most demanding networks.
- EAGLE 5 STP: supports key functions - signal transfer point, signaling gateway, number portability, and integrated monitoring - all on a single platform. You can purchase just what you need to meet your network requirements today with the flexibility to boost processing power and add applications as your network grows.
With Tekelec's STP, you can:
- Create a scalable, reliable signaling network
- Lower your OPEX and CAPEX
- Increase your revenues with value-added applications
- Migrate to next-gen, IP technology without forklift upgrades
- Increase your network security with advanced screening